The eyewear designers of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (edCFDA) and Vision Expo are pleased to support emerging designers through the second annual Vision Expo Global Talent Search, supported by the eyewear designers of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (edCFDA). This competition aims to foster the talent of emerging designers and is open to all eyewear designers.
One winner will be introduced to the creative eyewear community with a complimentary booth in Vision Expo’s emerging designer incubator neighborhood, The Springs.
The winner will also be given recognition during a celebratory event hosted by the edCFDA and Vision Expo, on Saturday, April 2 at 5pm in The Atelier, Vision Expo’s new home for brands with unique, ownable culture and respected industry position.
The event will be open to all participants at Vision Expo East, with special invitations distributed to fellow designers, OPTImum buyers and prestigious members of the fashion, business and trade media. Past Winners SpiltMilk and Tyche and Iset will also be honored at the event.
This funding is now open to all designers globally.
Added Benefits for Winner!
- Luxury Optical Holding’s (LOH) newly developed B2C e-commerce site, Hellovisionist.com, is pleased to join forces with Vision Expo on its Global Talent Search, supported by the eyewear designers of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (edCFDA), to award the winner of the talent search a coveted spot on Visionist’s site.
- The talent search winner will be featured in Visionist’s “up-and-coming” section for the season as the collection launches on Visionist, as well as have a brand page built out for them featuring the winner’s creative campaign and storytelling behind the brand.
- Vision Expo will feature the winner on ShopVISION.com, the groundbreaking new digital B2B sourcing solution for optical and optometric professionals. On its dedicated platform, buyers can source products, build relationships with suppliers and manage all of your product discovery and research needs.
Applications are due no later than January 17, 2022. Winner will be announced January 27, 2022. The form to apply can be found lower on this web page.
To be eligible for consideration, designers must demonstrate the following:
- Business was established after January 1, 2018;
- Annual sales are equal to one million or less; and
- Press and social media support