Expanded Trends Showcase to Feature Eyewear, Lenses and Lens Technology; New Awards Ceremony to Celebrate Standout Submissions
Alexandria, VA – Dec. 1, 2022 – The Vision Council and RX, co-owners of Vision Expo, today announce that NOW by Vision Expo, the trends showcase that debuted at Vision Expo East 2022, will return at Vision Expo East 2023, taking place March 16–19, 2023 at the Javits Center in New York City.
Expanding on last year’s showcase, which featured eyewear trends, the 2023 trends showcase will also feature new innovations in fashion lenses and lens technologies that are shaping the direction of the industry, in addition to frames.
“Following the incredible industry response to last year’s showcase, we are thrilled to expand NOW by Vision Expo as a platform for the vision care industry to show off the latest industry trends and innovations. Back by popular demand, we look forward to another exciting showcase,” said Fran Pennella, Vice President, Vision Expo at RX.
“We are proud to bring back the NOW by Vision Expo showcase at Vision Expo East 2023, originally created with the intention to bring focus, awareness and representation to the eyewear industry,” said Nico Roseillier, Creative Director of Europa/ State Optical Co./American Optical and Chairperson of the NOW by Vision Expo Advisory Committee. “To support the curation of this exhibit, I am excited to introduce a new, diverse and amazingly talented committee representing our industry. Vision Expo East 2023 will also mark the first eyewear industry NOW Awards, honoring collections and brands in various categories.”
NOW by Vision Expo will showcase several different curated selections of eyewear that embody the industry’s most vibrant trends. All exhibitors are invited to enter one frame (optical or sunglass) or lens product per company for consideration, that they feel best represents one of the themes for this year’s show. The themes on display for 2023 will include:
- Eyewear Icons: Iconic styling, instantly recognizable
- Colors of 2023: Neutrals (from Beige, Camel, and Ecru, to Honey); Red Tones (from deep, dark reds to desaturated pinks); Lilac & Purples (following the official colors of Spring/Summer 2023)
- Show Stoppers: The WOW effect; the fashion statement; the one-of-a-kind design
- Alternative Materials & Technologies: From new to recycled materials, to 3D magic
- Diversity and Inclusivity: Design and ideas come from different backgrounds, lifestyles, social experiences, races, and religions. It is time to think differently and foster greater representation.
An application is required to be considered for inclusion in NOW by Vision Expo and final products will be selected by an Advisory Committee of industry leaders. To view the application and instructions, click here. For any questions regarding the submission process, contact Sara Bonizio at [email protected].
Also new this year, the 2023 NOW advisory committee will present multiple awards and celebrate the winners during a reception at Vision Expo East:
- NOW Best Sunglass Award: Under $250 retail category
- NOW Best Sunglass Award: $250 to $500 retail category
- NOW Best Sunglass Award: $500 & above retail category
- NOW Best Optical Award: Under $250 retail category
- NOW Best Optical Award: $250 to $500 retail category
- NOW Best Optical Award: $500 & above category
- NOW Optical Achievement Award
- NOW People’s Choice Award
Vision Expo’s NOW by Vision Expo project was conceptualized by Nico Roseillier, Creative Director of Europa/State Optical Co./American Optical, in partnership with NOW by Vision Expo advisory committee members:
- Christian Roth and Eric Domège – Designers/Co-Founders Christian Roth & OPTICAL AFFAIRS | CFDA Member
- Julia Gogosha-Clark – Owner/Founder, Gogosha Optique
- Kristen McLaughlin – Director of Marketing, Tura
- Dr. Nwamaka Ngoddy – Optometrist and Founder/Designer of Anwuli Eyewear
- Jessica Goebert – Public Relations & Communications
- Sophia Strawser – Editorial Assistant & Social Media Manager at the Accessories Council
How To Participate
Companies exhibiting in The Atelier, The Springs, The Park or The Union, as well as fashion lens and lens technology companies, are eligible to participate in NOW by Vision Expo free of charge. Interested exhibitors are asked to submit company name, brand name, product name, booth number, the theme that aligns with their product submission, image samples and contact information here by February 1, 2023.
Vision Expo East 2023 will take place at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City from March 16–19, 2023. The Show’s educational program, together with OptiCon®@Vision Expo, will open Thursday, March 16 and the Exhibit Hall will open Friday, March 17. For more information on Vision Expo, visit visionexpo.com and follow Vision Expo’s social media channels, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
# # #
About Vision Expo
Vision Expo East and West are trade-only conferences and exhibitions for eyecare and eyewear presented by co-owners RX and The Vision Council. Vision Expo is the complete event for ophthalmic professionals, where eyecare meets eyewear, and education, fashion and innovation mingle. In the Vision Expo Exhibit Hall, eyecare providers can discover trends, interact with new technologies and access innovative products and services. The Vision Expo education program is driven by the profession, offering content of the highest quality and relevance to enhance overall patient care. For more information, visit VisionExpo.com and follow Vision Expo on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About The Vision Council
As the vision care leader in enabling better vision for better lives, The Vision Council positions its members for success by promoting growth in the vision care industry through education, advocacy, research, consumer outreach, strategic relationship building and industry forums.
RX is in the business of building businesses for individuals, communities and organisations. We elevate the power of face-to-face events by combining data and digital products to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 400 events in 22 countries across 43 industry sectors. RX is passionate about making a positive impact on society and is fully committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all our people. RX is part of RELX, a global provider of information-based analytics and decision tools for professional and business customers. www.rxglobal.com