Show Organizers Announce List of Exhibiting Companies To-Date, as well as Supporting Professional Associations, Buying Groups and Key Industry Partnerships
Alexandria, VA – April 26, 2021 – The Vision Council and Reed Exhibitions, co-organizers of Vision Expo, today announce that more than 200 exhibiting companies have committed to Vision Expo East 2021, taking place June 2-5 in Orlando, Florida at the Orange County Convention Center.
To view the list of exhibiting companies committed to-date, click here.
“We are thrilled to welcome more than 200 exhibiting companies to Orlando this June,” said Mitch Barkley, Vice President of Trade Shows and Events at The Vision Council, co-owner of Vision Expo. “From industry icons and the newest visionaries in eyewear to the most cutting-edge innovators in lens and coating technology and contact lens innovations, the depth and breadth of companies exhibiting across the vision care landscape is inspiring and promises a robust and vibrant Show experience.”
“We are excited to see how our attendee registrations are trending so positively,” said Fran Pennella, Vice President, Vision Expo, Reed Exhibitions, co-owner of Vision Expo. “To-date, nearly 60 percent of registered individuals did not attend our last Vision Expo East show in 2019, representing more than 800 new retail stores, laboratories and practices. This is exciting and compelling news for our exhibitors who will have an incredible opportunity to generate new business from a fresh buyer base.”
Vision Expo’s Show Floor neighborhoods and participating exhibitors include:
- The Focus – Representing the foundation of eyecare and offering the key to masterfully servicing patients and customers, The Focus brings together lens and coating technology, lens processing techniques, disease management solutions, contact lens innovations and eyecare practice optimization. Think “before-the-frame” and discover the most advanced technologies dedicated to groundbreaking vision care. Exhibiting companies include: Alcon, Allergan, Bausch + Lomb, Novartis, Topcon and ZEISS.
- The Park – Industry icons, ubiquitous brands and prestigious collections unveil their latest styles and offerings in inspired large-scale displays that celebrate the worlds of superior style and exemplary service. Explore a vibrant assortment by eyewear’s most prominent players in The Park. Exhibiting companies include: EssilorLuxottica, Charmant, Eyewear Designs Ltd., Tura and Liberty Sport.
- The Union – The ultimate shopping experience for those seeking the newest in independent design, this energetic showcase offers new collection launches, pop-culture inspired collaborations and “talk-of-the-show” trends. Exhibiting Companies include: Modo Eyewear, Etnia Barcelona, Studio Optyx, ic! berlin and Spectacle Eyeworks.
- The River – Driven by design, this is the realm of the daring with collections that continue to shape the future of eyewear in a thrilling fashion, art and culture-inspired universe. The River is a celebration of an industry steeped in innovation, discovery and deep relationships that will ensure its prosperous future. Exhibiting companies include: TD Tom Davies, Sospiri by Ottica Veneta and Wood Optic.
- The Springs – A bold platform for the next generation of optical icons, The Springs is a true discovery zone and incubator for emerging talent in eyewear design and vision innovation. The Springs is where buyers dive into collections by the industry’s ones-to-watch and are privy to a first glimpse of these rising optical stars. Exhibiting companies include: Ferilli Eyewear, TYCHE + ISET Eyewear, Bonavista Optics and SpiltMilk Eyewear.
Additionally, the Show organizers have released details on new Show destinations, including the ShopVISION Lounge @ Vision Expo and The Seen.
- The ShopVISION Lounge @ Vision Expo will serve as a discovery zone for attendees and exhibitors to learn about and demo ShopVISION, a new virtual marketplace and sourcing platform for the vision care industry.
- The Seen is a brand new, dynamic main stage destination offering collaborative learning. The Seen will be home to the Innovation Stage, where groundbreaking products and services will be presented. The stage in The Seen will also feature multiple EYE2EYE Series panels focusing on everything from fashion trends to diversity in the industry. On Saturday, June 5, The Seen will host the Career Zone, a networking hub for students and young professionals where they can explore career opportunities and take part in several dynamic events. Industry leaders and innovators gather at The Seen for inspiration, engagement, special events and more. A detailed line-up of events scheduled to take place at The Seen will be released in the coming weeks.
In addition to an impressive roster of exhibitors, Vision Expo East will welcome numerous key retailers, buying groups and professional associations. Seven of the industry’s leading buying groups have partnered with Vision Expo East 2021 by committing to send key buyers, promoting the Show to their members, or hosting events. The supporting buying groups include: Vision Trends; PERC; Opti-Port; PECAA; Vision Source; CECOP; and Villavecchia.
“As the leading global association of independent opticians and optometrists, delivering collective buying power, operational best practices, strategic solutions and other services to more than 6,700 members across the globe, we look forward to attending Vision Expo East 2021 in Orlando, Florida; to continue supporting our members; and to help grow the independent optical marketplace,” said Ignacio Macias, CEO of CECOP USA.
“After a year of virtual conferences, we are excited to bring our members back together to connect, learn, and have some fun at the Opti-Port SPARK Conference and at the PERC reception at Vision Expo,” said Dr. Jason Lake, PERC and Opti-Port General Manager.
Furthermore, recent partnerships have been forged with the Professional Opticians of Florida, which will be offering Florida-required education at Vision Expo East, and the National Optometric Association, which will host its regional meeting at the Show. Prevent Blindness will also host its annual Swing Fore Sight Golf Tournament on June 2.
“The National Optometric Association is thrilled to be partnering with Vision Expo East 2021,” said Dr. Sherrol A. Reynolds, President of the NOA. “We look forward to hosting our membership in Orlando, providing exclusive education opportunities and taking advantage of the wonderful opportunities to connect with the vision care community that Vision Expo always offers.”
“We are excited to partner with Vision Expo in Orlando,” said Dee Pace, Executive Director of the Professional Opticians of Florida. “We look forward to offering valuable continuing education courses and participating in the amazing networking and learning opportunities that Vision Expo offers.”
Vision Expo East’s educational program, together with OptiCon®@Vision Expo, will open Wednesday, June 2 and exhibits will open Thursday, June 3. To register for Vision Expo East’s Exhibit Hall and Education, click here.
About Vision Expo
Vision Expo East and West are trade-only conferences and exhibitions for eyecare and eyewear presented by co-owners Reed Exhibitions and The Vision Council. Vision Expo is the complete event for ophthalmic professionals, where eyecare meets eyewear, and education, fashion and innovation mingle. In the Vision Expo Exhibit Hall, eyecare providers can discover trends, interact with new technologies and access innovative products and services. The Vision Expo education program is driven by the profession, offering content of the highest quality and relevance to enhance overall patient care. For more information, visit VisionExpo.com and follow Vision Expo on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About The Vision Council
As the vision care leader in enabling better vision for better lives, The Vision Council positions its members for success by promoting growth in the vision care industry through education, advocacy, research, consumer outreach, strategic relationship building and industry forums. Furthermore, through a partnership with Think About Your Eyes, The Vision Council supports consumer education around eyewear and eyecare.
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is a leading global events business. It combines face-to-face with data and digital tools to help customers learn about markets, source products and complete transactions at over 500 events in almost 30 countries across 43 industry sectors, attracting more than 7 million participants.
Our events, organised by 35 global offices, leverage industry expertise, large data sets and technology to enable our customers to generate billions of dollars of revenues for the economic development of local markets and national economies around the world. Reed Exhibitions is part of RELX, a global provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. www.reedexhibitions.com