Alexandria, VA – August 18, 2023 – The Vision Council and RX, co-organizers of Vision Expo, have announced that EYEnovate, a brand-new series highlighting groundbreaking technological innovations in the optical field, will debut at Vision Expo West next month. Vision Expo West 2023 will take place at The Venetian Convention Center & Expo in Las Vegas from September 27-30, 2023. To register for Vision Expo West 2023, click here.
Vision Expo’s Innovation Stage, the main stage destination for attendees on the Show floor, will host the EYEnovate sessions. EYEnovate is a new series dedicated to exploring the bleeding edge of advancements in eyecare technology and will feature 15-minute talks by leaders in their respective fields, showcasing the latest breakthroughs in areas such as automation, artificial intelligence, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, VR/AR and other emerging technologies.
“Year over year, the Innovation Stage at Vision Expo West boasts an energizing and thought-provoking schedule of programming that engages attendees from all facets of the industry,” said Fran Pennella, Vice President, Vision Expo, RX, co-owner of Vision Expo. “EYEnovate will continue to build upon this, offering Show attendees a unique opportunity to peek behind the curtain and learn about our industry’s most anticipated technologies and innovations.”
The EYEnovate series kicks off with the first session on Thursday, September 28 at 9:45 a.m., and a second session will take place on Friday, September 29 beginning at 9:45 a.m. A panel of industry leaders including Ashley Mills, Chief Executive Officer of The Vision Council, James Rosin, Co-President of Rosin Optical Co., and Susy Yu, OD, MBA, FAAO, Director of Business Strategy and Operations Support for Vision Essentials by Kaiser Permanente Southern California Permanente Medical Group, will judge all EYEnovate presentations and select one participant to receive the first-ever Ocular Horizons Award, which will be announced on Friday, September 29 at the Innovation Stage.
The 2023 EYEnovate participants:
- EYE-GO – EYE-GO is a Danish based MedTech start-up developing disruptive eye treatment technologies that improve the quality of life of people around the world suffering from severe and chronic eye conditions. Henrik Nagel, CEO of EYE-GO, will present MistGo®, a micro-dosing drug-delivery system mitigating eye-drop bottle barriers, making it simple and comfortable to self-administer drugs correctly, helping patients better adhere to treatment without overdosing risk.
- InflammX Therapeutics – InflammX Therapeutics is a clinical-stage company treating autoinflammation due to dysregulation of a newly discovered innate immune pathway called NLRP3 inflammasome which can impact diabetic eye disease, diabetic kidney disease and macular degeneration. Brian Levy, OD, MSc, and CEO of InflammX Therapeutics will discuss their novel platform technology targeting the pathological inflammasome in retinal/kidney disease.
- Myoptechs – Myoptechs™ is an ophthalmic medical device company developing a soft contact lens specifically designed to slow the progression of myopia while providing exceptionally clear vision. Paul Grimm, CEO of Myoptechs, will give a presentation on the patent-pending Faceted Optical System™, designed to slow myopia progression more effectively than traditional multifocal optical designs.
- SILKTEARS, Inc. – SILKTEARS® is an innovative dry eye drop formulation that uses silk-derived protein to naturally lubricate and coat the eye, while providing anti-inflammatory activity for long term symptom relief. Brian D. Lawrence, Ph.D., and Chief Scientific Officer of SILKTEARS will discuss the product, which will be sold exclusively through eye care providers to offer dry eye patients one premium over-the-counter treatment for dry eye relief.
- Topology – Topology’s Touchless Optical Platform is a suite of innovative solutions that enables opticians to dispense measurements with the highest level of accuracy, both in-store and online. Eric Varady, Founder and CEO of Topology will present “21st Century Opticianry” and share how Topology’s omnichannel experience expands the scope of any practice beyond its four walls into an efficient physical and digital operation that increases capture rate, multi-pair sales, and customer lifetime value.
- UptimeHealth – UptimeHealth aims to simplify and predict medical equipment service, purchase, and compliance events for outpatient healthcare providers, and provide exceptional service to customers by utilizing cutting-edge technology and innovative solutions. Geoff Rogers, Vice President of Sales at Uptime Health will demonstrate how effective asset management strategies can play a pivotal role in the growth of optometry practices and explore how optimizing equipment maintenance and management can drive expansion, streamline operations, and enhance patient care.
- Yolia Health – Yolia Health is a bio-medical device company committed to helping people restore and enhance vision through non-invasion forms of treatment. David Castillejos, M.D., Chief Scientific Officer of Yolia Health will discuss how their treatments can restore vision non-invasively with True Vision Treatment, a treatment that can be used for eight hours a day for seven continuous days and have effects for up to 12 months.
For the full schedule of Innovation Stage events, reference the Special Events page on Vision Expo’s website, filterable by date and location, here. Schedule is subject to change. On-site, attendees are encouraged to reference the Vision Expo mobile app for the most up-to-date schedule.
Vision Expo West 2023 will take place at The Venetian Convention Center & Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada from September 27 - 30, 2023. The Show’s educational program, together with OptiCon @ Vision Expo, will open Wednesday, September 27 and exhibits will open Thursday, September 28. To register for Vision Expo West 2023, click here.