Alexandria, VA – August 11, 2023 – The Vision Council and RX, co-organizers of Vision Expo, share details on new show features and special events planned for Vision Expo West 2023, taking place at The Venetian Convention Center & Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada from September 27-30. To register for Vision Expo West, click here.
“We are gearing up for a fabulous Vision Expo West and are thrilled by the customer support and excitement that has been building,” said Fran Pennella, Vice President, Vision Expo at RX. “We’re looking forward to hosting the eyecare and eyewear community for a few action-packed days, offering refreshed floor experiences, educational sessions and celebrations for all attendees.”
New Show Floor Highlights
Welcoming back Vision Expo’s Innovation Stage, the main stage destination for attendees on the Show floor, is an entirely new program that will be debuting – EYEnovate, a disruptive yet highly compelling content series highlighting groundbreaking technological innovations in the optical field. EYEnovate is dedicated to exploring the bleeding edge of advancements in eyecare technology and will feature 15-minute talks by leaders in their respective fields, showcasing the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, surgical tools, VR/AR and other emerging technologies.
The Innovation Stage will also host panels featuring the industry’s most buzz-worthy topics, including a discussion about ChatGPT and the potential benefits and drawbacks of incorporating AI into your workflow.
Enhanced Educational Offerings
VisionEd, Vision Expo’s world-class education program, includes 300 hours and more than 150 brand new courses of Optometric and Opticianry continuing education. New clinical courses covering topics such as orbital and ocular trauma and diagnosing and treating glaucoma are aimed to enhance clinical skills and knowledge in optometry. A range of new business courses highlighting topics like company culture and avoiding legal pitfalls will also be offered to optometrists to aid them in effectively managing their practices.
The Global Contact Lens Forum, taking place Wednesday, September 27, will provide attendees with practical, timely tips in both clinical and business processes, and new sessions will offer insights into the latest innovations and business strategies in the contact lens field.
OptiCon® @ Vision Expo will return to Vision Expo West with an unmatched education program and Exhibit Hall experience for opticians, contact lens professionals, allied ophthalmic professionals, optical assistants and office managers, frame buyers, and lab technicians. New OptiCon sessions will feature topics ranging from proper frame fitting and celebrity eyewear secrets to discussions on stocking versus surfacing and laser exploration.
The OptiCon General Session will feature a conversation between Blair Wong, ABOM, NCLEC, and Rebecca Alexander at the Innovation Stage on Thursday, September 28. Rebecca Alexander, who has been losing both her vision and hearing due to Usher Syndrome (type 3), will share her inspiring story of facing challenges and providing encouragement to others.
Professional Development Opportunities
Designed specifically for eye care professionals, the Marketing4ECPs Social Media Bootcamp, taking place on Wednesday, September 27, will help ECPs maximize their online presence and harness the true potential of social media platforms for their practice.
Vision Expo West 2023 will also introduce an expanded Career Zone for young professionals across the eyecare industry. The Career Zone will offer valuable resources, networking opportunities and complimentary professional headshots courtesy of the Young ODs of America for anyone seeking to enhance their career prospects in the eyecare industry.
Revamped Attendee Experience
New to the Vision Expo West exhibit hall, three Show Floor Avenues will provide primary navigational pathways ensuring a smooth and efficient experience for all attendees. The avenues – Park Ave, Union Ave and Focus Ave – will guide attendees seamlessly through the event. In addition to the avenues, Vision Expo West will feature DJs at The Atelier neighborhood and the Innovation Stage and debut the Look East neighborhood, showcasing a curated collection from Asia’s leading suppliers.
The Exhibitor Product Directory will offer attendees a new, streamlined way to browse and search through the latest products showcased at Vision Expo. Exhibitors can add products to the Directory on a continual basis to ensure a constantly evolving selection. Show attendees can explore the Exhibitor Product Directory here, and exhibitors can add to the Directory by contacting their customer success contact.
Several special events and activities are planned for Vision Expo West 2023. Featured events include:
- Swing Fore Sight Golf Tournament - Prevent Blindness, the nation’s leading volunteer eye health and safety organization dedicated to fighting blindness and saving sight, will host the Swing Fore Sight Golf Tournament on Wednesday, September 27 at Bali Hai Golf Club, 5160 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Registration and breakfast will begin at 6 a.m. with a 7 a.m. shotgun start. For more information on the event and to register, click here.
- Optical Women’s Association Connection Series: The RALLY Mentality - The Optical Women's Association will host their Connection Series luncheon from noon-1:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 28. This year’s event will feature guest speaker Shannon McKain. Shannon's five-step "RALLY Mentality" plan can help anyone define and defeat perceived limitations, whether self-imposed or the result of circumstances. For more information, click here.
- Vision Expo West Opening Night Party - Bad Habits “The EyeDocs of Rock,” the longtime rock band comprised of several practicing optometrists, will perform at Vision Expo West’s opening night party on Thursday, September 28. The party will take place from 9 p.m. until midnight at the Brooklyn Bowl, located at 3545 S Las Vegas Blvd. All Vision Expo attendees are invited, and attendee badges are required for entry. For more information on the opening night party, click here.
- Vision Monday’s Most Influential Women in Optical Luncheon - Be a part of this momentous occasion as Vision Monday recognizes and honors the extraordinary achievements of the Most Influential Women in Optical on Friday, September 29 from noon-2 p.m. This special and unique luncheon event and program is an unparalleled opportunity to connect, collaborate, and build meaningful relationships within a powerful network of industry leaders. For more information and to register, click here.
- ODs on Facebook Party at Drai’s Beachclub - The ODs on Facebook Party will take place from 7:30-9:30 p.m. on Friday, September 29 at Drai’s Beachclub and Nightclub. Free for all eyecare professionals, attendees are invited to attend and make in-person connections with online friends from ODs on Facebook, gaze over the strip and dance the night away. Vision Expo West badges are required for entry. For more information, click here.