Alexandria, VA – August 24, 2023 – The Vision Council and RX, co-organizers of Vision Expo, have shared details on the OptiCon @ Vision Expo program planned for Vision Expo West 2023, taking place September 27–30 at The Venetian Expo in Las Vegas. The Show’s educational program opens Wednesday, September 27, with the Exhibit Hall opening Thursday, September 28.
To register for Vision Expo West, click here.
For 2023, OptiCon @ Vision Expo will return with an unmatched education program and Exhibit Hall experience for opticians, contact lens professionals, allied ophthalmic professionals, optical assistants and office managers, frame buyers, and lab technicians.
The OptiCon @ Vision Expo education package includes:
- Unlimited Continuing Education Courses, including American Board of Opticianry (ABO) and National Contact Lens Examiners Board (NCLE) approved education.
- Access to the OptiCon General Session.
- Free Exhibit Hall access, including the OptiCon @ Vision Expo Hub.
- Tailored special events including a welcome event and peer networking.
- Access to ABO and NCLE exam review courses and exams.
- Access to discounted rates at a dedicated OptiCon @ Vision Expo hotel.
“OptiCon @ Vision Expo is a premier education program offered exclusively at our industry’s largest gathering of eyewear and eyecare professionals,” said Fran Pennella, Vice President, Vision Expo, RX, co-owner of Vision Expo. “We are proud to partner with OptiCon again to provide best-in-class education and networking opportunities to a wide variety of industry professionals.”
“We are thrilled to bring OptiCon @ Vision Expo back to the Venetian Expo for another year of education and networking,” said Phernell Walker, MBA, ABOM, LDO – Pure Optics, LLC and OptiCon Advisory Board Co-Chair. “This is a phenomenal opportunity to unlock a world of knowledge and growth in six key areas of education, including optical technology, allied health, contact lens, practice management and business solutions, and ABO and NCLE basic, advanced and practical exam review courses.”
Highlights for the 2023 OptiCon @ Vision Expo programming include:
- The OptiCon Hub: Offering networking, social events and access to representatives and resources from the American Board of Opticianry and National Contact Lens Examiners (ABO-NCLE), Opticians Association of America (OAA), National Federation of Opticianry Schools (NFOS), Contact Lens Society of America (CLSA) and vendor partners.
- OptiCon General Session: Imagine your life without sight and sound. How would you live your life differently if you knew that soon you would no longer be able to see or hear? Rebecca Alexander has been simultaneously losing both her vision and hearing since she was an adolescent. Born with a rare genetic disorder called Usher Syndrome (type 3), Rebecca was told that by age 30, she’d be completely blind. Then, at 19, one year after a fall from a second-story window left her body completely shattered, she discovered she would lose her hearing as well. Join us as Blair Wong, ABOM, NCLEC catches up with Rebecca Alexander on her accomplishments, challenges and the encouragement and inspiration that Rebecca gives to others who are facing their own challenges. The OptiCon General Session, sponsored by EssilorLuxottica, will take place Thursday, September 28 at the Innovation Stage.
- ABO-NCLE Patient Choice Award: This award gives the Patient the opportunity to tell their story and the story of the eye care professional that helped change their life, the life of a parent, a child, or other family member. Join us as we celebrate the winner(s) of the 2023 Optician and/or Contact Lens Technician Patient Choice Award recipient, whose passionate work, through their specialized ophthalmic knowledge and expert technical skills, are dedicated to preserving, protecting, enhancing, and restoring patients' vision and profoundly changing their lives. The Patient Choice Award will be presented Friday, September 29 at the Innovation Stage.
Vision Expo West’s educational program, VisionEd, which includes OptiCon @ Vision Expo, was developed by the Education Planning Committee and will feature more than 300 hours of accredited optometric, opticianry, and business education spanning subjects from disease management and practice expansion, to lens innovation and business management. Attendees will learn from experts in the industry as they unveil ground-breaking technology and speak to the latest trends in diagnosing and treating common eye conditions.
“The educational offerings at Vision Expo West invite attendees across all stages of their professional career the opportunity to increase their skill sets and obtain necessary continuing education hours,” said Mitch Barkley, Vice President of Trade Shows and Events at The Vision Council, co-organizer of Vision Expo. “We encourage attendees to take advantage of these courses and combine them with Vision Expo’s unique exhibit hall experience for an unforgettable few days of learning.”
Registrants that qualify for the OptiCon package will also receive free exhibit hall access, including access to the OptiCon @ Vision Expo Hub, tailored special events, and discounted rates at a dedicated OptiCon @ Vision Expo hotel.
Click here to register now for OptiCon @Vision Expo and save 20%. Take advantage of unlimited education for only $299 and experience everything OptiCon @ Vision Expo has to offer.