Please ensure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to the United States and for travel to New York. Visit the New York COVID Travel Safety page for more information.
Please be advised that a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including Vision Expo East. Prior to registering for and attending Vision Expo East, please ensure you have read the latest CDC Guidelines for Prevention. By attending Vision Expo East, you acknowledge this inherent risk and, as a condition of entering Vision Expo East, you acknowledge, understand and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- That you will abide by all Vision Expo East health-and-safety requirements, including wearing an approved face covering at all times;
- That you are not currently experiencing any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov, including, but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- That prior to attending Vision Expo East you have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine;
- That you are not under any self-quarantine orders; and
- That you are vaccinated, meaning at the time you are attending the Event you have received:
- at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or World Health Organization (WHO)
All participants MUST provide each of the following to Management prior to entry into the Event:
- a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport; and
- proof of vaccination directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination (whether a physical copy or on a smartphone) OR through the use of an approved mobile app, such as the Excelsior Pass (for more details, visit: https://epass.ny.gov).
Please do not enter Vision Expo East or Javits Center if you cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during your time at Vision Expo East you do not meet all of the above criteria, you will be required to isolate and may be relocated or asked to leave Javits Center at the sole discretion of event management.
Please note: The guidelines in this document are based on information currently available regarding the behavior and characteristics of the COVID-19 virus, public health information and local or state guidelines with respect to large gatherings in any particular community. As more clarity with respect to these variables emerges, it is expected that these guidelines may need to be adjusted accordingly.