We are currently in the process of updating this page. For finalized Exhibitor FAQs, please visit again on Thursday, March 10.
VisionSAFE Exhibitor FAQs
Vision Expo East has adopted several exhibitor best practices based on industry standards. By taking advantage of these recommendations, your organization will help ensure a safer experience for all attendees and customers. Please note that these recommendations may be revised and supplemented to ensure compliance with state, local, and venue requirements. The following guidelines will help in the planning of your booth space:
- Face Coverings: At this time, in line with state and local regulations, all individuals are required to wear a face covering while attending Vision Expo East. Please ensure that you have adequate face coverings for your booth staff. For more details on approved face coverings, please click here.
- Space Layout & Design: Keep physical distancing in mind when creating your booth layout - maximize physical distance between exhibitor staff and visitors to the extent possible and consider occupancy guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol is required to be available within every exhibit booth.
- One-Way Traffic: For larger island and peninsula booths it is recommended to establish one-way traffic flow with marked entrances and exits.
- Throughput: Control the scale, size, and timing of meetings or gatherings within your space; avoid creating crowds.
- Dividers: Transparent dividers may be utilized in areas where people will be in close contact. These are available through Freeman (link coming soon).
- Reduce Contact: Consider touchless (electronic and digital) alternatives to engagement, collateral material and giveaways.
- Signage: Incorporate signage promoting health and safety best practices and any requirements associated with your space.
- Increased Cleaning: Plan for cleaning of spaces and high-touch products or surfaces throughout the day; regularly sanitize surfaces and items with appropriate cleaning products.
- Promotional Materials: Consider individually packaged promotional materials.
- Hospitality: Contact your Vision Expo East Sales Representative to discuss any proposed hospitality offerings in your booth and ensure they comply with the venue’s requirements.
- No, however, exhibitors may utilize plexiglass barriers at their discretion, particularly when appropriate distance can’t be maintained between the exhibitor and guest. Plexiglass barriers are available for Freeman (link coming soon).
- Yes, there will be hand sanitizer stations throughout the show floor.
- It is required that exhibitors have alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol available within their booths.
- Yes, however, exhibitors are encouraged to minimize touchpoints whenever possible.
- Yes, food and beverages may be served in booth and/or meeting room spaces.
- Yes, however, exhibitors are discouraged from consuming personal food when customers are present. Concessions will be available in the show hall and several different food options will be available. Tables and seating will be distanced and sanitized frequently throughout the show days.
- Vision Expo East will have wider aisles, increased staff, including Safety Ambassadors who will monitor and assist with compliance with the health and safety guidelines, dedicated entrances and exits and hand sanitizing stations throughout the show floor. For more information about how we are promoting a safe and comfortable environment at Vision Expo East, please see our Health & Safety page.
- Everyone is expected to fully comply with all health and safety guidelines. Acknowledging the guidelines and agreeing to comply is a requirement of entry (See the Health & Safety Acknowledgement). Specially designated Safety Ambassadors will walk the show floor to encourage compliance and address any issues as soon as practicable. The Health & Safety Contact phone number will be clearly noted on signage throughout Vision Expo East to allow for reporting of any concerns or issues.
- All exhibitors will be asked to provide a back-up contact in the event that they are ill or unable to come to the show. The back-up contact will be responsible for staffing or arranging for staffing if the primary contact is unavailable. The alternate contact must produce a valid ID or Passport, which matches the name on file, in order to collect the product. In the event that neither the exhibitor or back-up contact is able to enter the show floor due to illness or quarantine, Vision Expo East Management can be reached by contacting the Health & Safety Contact phone number posted throughout the show.
- There are various locations within a few miles of the Javits Center where you can receive a COVID-19 test. Please use the NYC COVID-19 Citywide Information Portal to find the closest location to schedule your test.
The Javits Center address is:
Jacob K Javits Center
429 11th Avenue
New York, NY, 10001
All exhibitor representatives are required to comply with Vision Expo East vaccination requirements.
- All exhibitor representatives are required to comply with Vision Expo East vaccination requirements.